Monday, April 9, 2012

An Easter Rabbit Trinket Box with Creative Paperclay®

 

One of the things you do when applying for a design team is to make something using the product you want to be on the design team for and post it on your blog to be judged. This is my audition piece. I’ve been on the Creative Paperclay ® design team for awhile now but I can tell you that I still love this air dry clay.  With Easter coming round, I wanted to make a rabbit head.  For this project I used:

Creative Paperclay®

aluminum foil

a styrofoam ball

E6000

paper ribbon

Sakura Crystal Lacquer w/Terri Sproul Mixers

Metallic acrylic paint

Brad eyes

Paper Mache’ Box

I started out by gluing  my aluminum foil rabbit ears onto the styrofoam ball and then covering the ball with Creative Paperclay®.

Creative Paperclay Rabbit trinket box 023       Creative Paperclay Rabbit trinket box 025

I had to put the clay on the front of the rabbit and let it dry first so that I could hang onto something while I put the clay on the rest of the styrofoam ball.  I inserted the eyes too.

                          Creative Paperclay Rabbit trinket box 002

I had to prop it up to keep it from rolling off while the rest of the head dried. Those ears kept making it want to fall over. LOL

While the head was drying this time, I painted the bottom of my paper mache’ box with Crystal Lacquer mixed with the Terri Sproul mixer “Tanzinite Blue” This color turns a green color when painted on a brown box. I painted the lid with Metallic Acrylic Pink. Once the head was completely dry I painted it and glued it onto the box with E6000 and tied my ribbon around that when the glue dried.

 

 

Creative Paperclay Rabbit trinket box 007                           Creative Paperclay Rabbit trinket box 008

 

I think it turned out terrific don’t you? Creative Paperclay ® is just so much fun to work with. This rabbit could have been made to look like the rabbit in Alice In Wonderland or maybe a Steampunk rabbit, there are many possibilities.

I love to read your comments, and they’re all important to me.

 

Barbara

 

 

11 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

great post. thank for you submission to be apart of the creative paperclay design team..

Maggie said...

Love your Easter Bunny box! And the instructions are very clear.

Sandra Strait said...

Great project! Good luck with the DT call! Wish I could have tried out again, but maybe next time.

Debbie Buckland said...

Beautifully done. Great bunny. Very cute face.

Lyneen said...

Oh my gosh how sweet!!!!

luvhymns said...

Great job!!!! It's amazing. I hope you achieve your dream!

Cindy said...

Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful comments. Woo Hoo! I made the Creative Paperclay design team again!

Cindy said...

Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful comments. Woo Hoo! I made the Creative Paperclay design team again!

Cyndi L said...

That is very cool! I haven't played much with paper clay...maybe it's time to give it a whirl :-)

Congratulations on being part of the team again, Barbara!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It's adorable, Barbara. Great job and thanks for the ideas. I've been wanting to do some papier mache angels for Christmas. Maybe I'll use Creative Paperclay instead.

Cherie said...

I was just going to say what Cyndi did. I might just have to give it a whirl. Nice project!